Warriors track team competes in Twilight Qualifier

TURLOCK – The men and women’s track and field teams competed in the Twilight Qualifier May 10 at CSU Stanislaus.
This meet was the opportunity for Warriors to polish their times and marks for the season.
Earning first and second place in the men’s 800m run senior Terrance Ellis stayed at the top with a time of 1:50.66 and senior Dawson Vorderbruegge following with a 1:53.85.
In the men’s 4×400 relay the team of seniors Jeremy Roberts and  Rory Rodriquez, junior Dean Alley and sophomore Jordan Elzie received first place with the time of 3:51.14.
Warrior women locked in first place in seven different events. The 200m dash, 800m run, 3000m steeplechase, high jump, shot put, discus throw and javelin.
Both right behind their personal best senior Adriana Blanco ran a 25.44 in the 200m dash and  senior Ufuoma Egbikuadje ran a 2:16.22 in the 800m run.
Just seconds off her best from the twilight qualifier in 2010, senior Denali Foldager ran a 10:52.07 in the 3000m steeplechase.
Marking 1.58m in the high jump senior Rio Schwalbach finished in first place.
Coming close to her personal best in two events senior Noel Wright threw 12.00m in shot put and 43.19m in discus throw, earning first place in both events.
Sophomore Channing Wilson earned her personal best in javelin with a mark of 43.93.
“The track meet was very successful,” Head Track Coach Diljeet Dosanjh Taylor said.
Men and women’s track and field are scheduled to compete at the NCAA championships on May 23-25 in Pueblo, Colorado.