Warrior Spotlight: Lauren Godde

%26%23160%3B

You might know her as one of “The Godde Twins,” as Lauren Godde and her sister Erin were well known for pushing each other to succeed on the court as part of the CSU Stanislaus Women’s basketball team.

However, Godde is stepping away from her dual identity with her twin sister and stepping towards her new solo identity as a volleyball player.

Lauren and Erin Godde were both four-year student athletes in the Women’s basketball program here at California State University, Stanislaus, but athletes are only eligible for four years in one sport and an additional year in a different sport.

So, as Lauren and Erin’s collegiate basketball careers came to a close last spring, Lauren decided she would use her last year of eligibility to try another sport.

“It’s different,” Godde said, “I have to branch out and be an individual.”

Although Godde still wants to explore the opportunity of playing basketball overseas after she graduates, she is looking forward to the differences and challenges of volleyball this season.

“It is nice being part of a team,” Godde said. “I like the team atmosphere because I am super competitive.”

Godde is the only senior on the team and has already made her first appearance on the court in an exhibition match against Fresno Pacific.

“We’ve had eight days of practice and already three games, so there is no transition period,” Godde said.

Warrior fans can see Godde in action at the Ed & Bertha Fitzpatrick Arena Sept. 19 at 7 p.m. against Cal State Monterey Bay for the first home game of the regular season.