Letter to the Editor: Housing at Stan State

I was a bit dissatisfied with the Signal’s March 2 post, “Housing and Residential Life: A Student and Staff Perspective,” particularly involving the coverage on what housing entails or offers to its students in terms of on campus housing.
I feel housing was made to seem very broad and slow paced with not much other than the area itself. As someone who has lived on campus for a few years I can say that it is usually very dull and dead throughout the week and even on days such as Warrior Wednesday where morale is usually up.
The coverage to me had further solidified that point and after inquiring residents myself I found similar feelings and responses about the housing experience.
Furthermore, it can be hard to know exactly what is provided or going on most of the time due to little to no advising of residents on multiple occasions.
I found myself discrediting the student source a bit due to how broad the quote was and seemed to entail what you would find at any on campus university rather than distinction from things like our resources, atmosphere and overall takeaways for students who live here that feel underwhelmed by their stay.