Stanislaus State Spring Orchestra Makes Return

Signal Photo/Paola Toribio.

On May 3, Stanislaus State’s Art Department of Music held their annual Spring Orchestra Concert. This concert was held at Bernell and Flora Snider Hall and was was conducted by orchestra professor Dr. Tianna Heppner. 

The orchestra began the night with performing the national anthem of the US. and also paid tribute to Ukraine by playing their national anthem after as well. 

When attending an orchestra performance, it can be almost emotional and very moving with how the music connects with the audience. The entire night the audience was wowed with performances from composers of different eras. 

The piece that really caught my attention was the first one called Lullaby, by composer William Hofeldt. Heppner had dedicated this piece to all the mothers and grandmothers in the audience that night. 

Hofeldt is an award winning composer from Chicago, Illinois and ghe is known for writing tons of pieces as an active composer he writes for school orchestras all over the world.  This piece specifically was published in the year 1984. 

“I felt very emotional with the entire show because of how beautiful they all sounded. It really is a treat to be able to experience such a great performance from these students” explained Turlock resident Ana Figueroa. 

At Stanislaus State, students spend hours perfecting their craft to put on these yearly performances for the public. 
For more information on the music department at Stanislaus State, check out their website at https://www.csustan.edu/soa.