PeopleGrove: Connecting Stan State Alumni and Students

Stan State student, Natalie Ramos, holds up the mobile version of PeopleGrove on her phone. (photo curtsey Ariana Espinoza) 

CSU Stanislaus students can now connect with alumni through PeopleGrove, a new online platform for all students.

Students and alumni should have received an email this semester with an invitation to join PeopleGrove. In a few simple steps, students are connected to a variety of resources, including alumni mentors.

Through PeopleGrove, students can get overviews of different career pathways as well as alumni who can give them more information about what it is like to be in that career.

Evelyn Ramos, associate director of the Career and Professional Development Center, shares her insight about how students can get started.

“Your major is your launching step,” Ramos says. “Whether you are a freshman or a senior, students can hear Alumni’s experiences in whatever pathway they are interested in.”

In addition, she said students can get help with mock interviews and resume critiques.

Natalie Ramos (junior, English) is one of the Stan State students who is excited to utilize PeopleGrove’s many resources.

When she received her email in October, she started the convenient process of creating her profile. After being asked questions that were geared towards her specific interests, she was given access to a variety of resources.

“I’m most excited to be able to access the features that help you with future internships and careers,” Ramos said.

Meanwhile, Jessica Napoli, a Stan State alumni, is just as excited to connect with current students through PeopleGrove.

“Alumni know what it’s like to be a college student,” she says.

Napoli stresses the importance of how alumni like her can help students on their path with this platform.

For more information regarding PeopleGrove, as well as any comments on PeopleGrove’s effectiveness, contact the Career and Professional Development center at [email protected].