Get Cozy in Unique Warrior Gear

Kristin Platts

Some of the available items at a recent ASI Warriors merch pop up event. 

Do you want to show off your warrior pride but can’t seem to find a style you like at the student center? ASI offers a warrior merchandise pop up in the quad, booth space 103, with unique items designed by our very own CSU Stanislaus students.
Associated Students, Inc. is a student-run organization that provides programs and services to enhance and support the student experience. They provide students with co-curricular events and activities through student government involvement opportunities, event programming, and community service opportunities. This includes Stan State Marketing Services, Turlock Transit, the Warrior Discounter program, and funding through scholarships and student organization funding, with the Warrior merchandise pop up being one of them.
Jennifer Galeana-Vasquez, the event contact, says that pop ups are held from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
“Our Warrior merchandise is different from what the bookstore sells,” Galeana-Vasquez explained. “We design our own merchandise.”
Designs are created by an ASI design coordinator and graphic design student assistants. All designs are up to the current trends and student feedback before proceeding with new designs is a part of the process. 
Mark Coggins (senior, Creative Media), works on the design process for the ASI warrior merchandise. 
“I worked on designs last semester and the ASI team has been releasing them periodically in their pop-up shops,” said Coggins. 
The Warrior merchandise pop up was started as a way for the ASI Marketing Team to provide another option for students to purchase apparel, says Hannah Sawyer, ASI marketing services coordinator.
“All revenue made by ASI Marketing, which includes the pop-up shops, is used to fund a wide range of high-quality programs and services to support student life, student success and instill a sense of campus pride,” Sawyer said.  
Pop up dates for the rest of the semester are Wednesday November 2, Tuesday November 15, and Wednesday November 30, so be sure to stop by the quad at booth space 103, and see what they have to offer.