Creative Media: A New Innovative and Hands-On Major at Stan State

This is big news for anyone starting their college journey or considering switching their major—CSU Stanislaus has recently launched a new major in Creative Media.
This interdisciplinary program, led by Journalism professor Dr. Shannon Stevens and Professor Jessica Gomula-Kruzic from the Art department, combines art, English, and journalism classes to train the next wave of creative media experts.
So, what is creative media? It’s all about embracing your passion for film, writing, storytelling, painting, and drawing.
This major isn’t just about sitting in a classroom and taking notes. It’s about pushing yourself and trying new things.
Whether you’re tech-savvy or just getting into the digital world, this program will help you succeed in various creative fields.
Students already in the program are buzzing about the wide range of opportunities it provides. They’re getting to dive deeper into things like typography and unleashing their full creative potential.
Stan State understands how fast-paced and dynamic today’s media scene is, giving students a place to grow artistically and professionally.
The Creative Media major is full of hands-on, engaging classes. It’s an opportunity to become an excellent, all-around creator of digital graphics and art. If you’re all about expressing yourself and looking for a program that pushes the boundaries of innovation, then this new major might be for you.