Warrior Day 2024: Recapping a Day Filled with Music and Fun

Ariana Ybarra (Freshman, Psychology) brought her boyfriend Vincent Arata as a guest to celebrate Warrior Day. (Signal Photo/Natalie Villanueva) 

On May 20th, 2024, CSU Stanislaus hosted its annual Warrior Day, where students celebrated the semester coming to a close with facepainting, hennas, and other creative activities and enjoyed the performances from musical guests.
Ariana Ybarra (Freshman, Psychology) attended the festival for the first time. 
“It’s my first year. I wanted to do fun activities in college because I don’t do in-person classes. This gives me something to look forward to at the end of the year. Knowing that they do activities like this makes me want to stay, it makes me want to enjoy my time in college,” Ybarra said. 
The day was filled with activities for students to participate in. 

The booths had arrangements where students explored glitter tattoos, caricatures, henna, face painting, and even a station for decorating sunglasses.
Jessica Faletti-Garza (Senior, English) has attended most of the Warrior Days hosted during her time at Stan. She finds herself being a part of the early crowds, waiting to enter the festival. 
“In past Warrior Days, my favorite memory is this shirt that I have from two years ago. They made it on the spot and they designed it. It was so awesome,” Garza said. 
Garza explained what Warrior Day meant to her.
“This is my third time and the very last time,” she said, “I’m a veteran at this point. I look forward to it, it’s the big hooray before finals and I need that hooray.”
Jouhsuan Wu (Junior, English) a foreign exchange student from Taiwan, shared her excitement for the day. 
“This is the last big school event. It’s the last special memory with Stan. So far, the atmosphere is really good. I’m looking forward to it,” Wu said. 
Performers included OhGeesy, P-LO, DJ Burns, Grupo Alta Influencia, and Jose Canchola and Band.
The event started at 1 p.m. and ended at 6 p.m.
Upon entry students were welcomed with goodies. From sunscreen stations, to free Stan merch to an endless playlist of songs and performers, students took the event as an opportunity to unwind.