Stan State Goes 1-1 in Their Homecoming Basketball Games

CSU Stanislaus basketball went 1-1 in their homecoming night game against Cal Poly Humboldt.
Women’s Game
The 13-14 Warriors quickly pulled ahead in the first quarter against the Lumberjacks going 7-for-16 inside the arc and 1-for-4 from beyond it. The Warriors led 15-10 at the end of the quarter and kept their foot on the gas and continued to score, ending the half up 31-22. 
The second half was a similar story as the Warriors outscored their opponents 40-25. Mya Blake (junior, Psychology) led her team to victory with a performance totaling 17 points, 5 rebounds and 5 assists.
Men’s Game
The 16-17 men’s basketball team led in the first half going 15-for-33 inside the arc and 4-for-11 from beyond it. Cal Poly Humboldt kept it close, going 13-for-31. The first half ended with CSU Stanislaus ahead 35-32.
Stan State stumbled during the second half and were unable to make up for it, being outscored by Humboldt by 40-30, resulting in a 65-72 loss. Stan State’s Dontrell Hewlett led the team with 22 points, 10 rebounds and 2 assists.
CSU Stanislaus’ next basketball games are on Feb. 17 against Chico State on their home court.