Watch: Stan State Student Perspectives – Campus Inclusivity

Flags hanging in WCCC (located in L-203) to celebrate diversity and intersectionality, represent support for the LGBTQ+ community and other marginalized groups on campus. 

CSU Stanislaus students were asked about their thoughts on campus inclusivity, what campus locations and organizations they believe are welcoming, and if the campus should make any changes to make things more inclusive.
The four students interviewed all agreed that Stan State’s campus is inclusive of marginalized groups. 
Dylan Rosenow (junior, English) believes that there are resources at Stan State which are inclusive to students of all backgrounds.
“There are a lot of clubs and programs that Stan State has that includes a variety of cultures, minorities, religions, and hobbies,” said Rosenow.
He has also had positive experiences being a part of the Stan State photography club, attending campus Bible study sessions, and attending other campus events.
Marc Anthony Briones (junior, English) also believes that Stan State’s campus is inclusive. 
Briones recommended that students check out the Warrior Cross Cultural Center (WCCC).
“It’s really fun in there, there’s a lot of like people who are willing to hang out and talk to,” he said. “There’s even a mentor program I believe there as well.” 
Cristina Bejar (senior, Art) also thinks the campus feels inclusive for students.
She recommends students go to the campus Art building, library, and student center to feel comfortable and welcome.
“I believe that those could be a safe spot for all students,” said Bejar. 
Bejar also provided some suggestions on what Stan State can do to be more inclusive of all students. 
“I think that what Stan State could do to be more inclusive is to include like spaces where people with anxiety or other mental health issues could like have a personal space to talk to someone about what’s going on in their life,” she explained. 
Bejar also believes that the bathrooms should be more gender neutral, so that anybody has access to them when needed. 
Ariana Espinoza (senior, English) feels that Stan State has an inclusive environment.
“We have a lot of safe spaces here on campus and a lot of opportunities for different groups here to participate in,” said Espinoza.
She said that there is Greek Life on campus that caters to minority groups, too. 
Like Briones, Espinoza also believes that the WCCC creates a safe space for students. Like Bejar, she also believes that the library creates a safe space where students do not have to face boundaries.