Warrior Soccer Falls Short Against Foe from Southern California

CSU Stanislaus Goalkeeper Sebastian Castellanos with the save. (Signal Photo/Nicole Gardner)

The CSU Stanislaus Men’s Soccer took on CSU San Marcos this past Friday to begin conference play.
Stanislaus entered the game coming off a loss against Chico state with a standing of (3-5-0, 0-1-0)
First Period:
In the 1st period, the Cougars were more aggressive with shots on goal than the Warriors. This aggressiveness from CSU San Marcos would lead to the first goal of the game being scored.
Although the opposition gained one goal on the Warriors in the first period, Stanislaus Goalkeeper Sebastian Castellanos (Senior, Business Administration) had 4 saves in the first period. 
Second Period:
The second period saw Stan State fall farther behind after allowing 2 more goals to be scored by the Cougars.
In the beginning of the 2nd period, the Warriors substituted Robby Rosas (Senior, Kinesiology) for Castellanos. Rosas would go on to have 3 saves and give up two goals.
After 2 periods and being outshot 10-4, Stan State fell short to CSU San Marcos with the final score of 0-3.
This upcoming weekend the Warriors will go on the road to face CSU San Bernardino on Friday and Cal Poly Pomona on Sunday.