Cal State San Marcos Sweeps Stan State 3-0

Stan State’s Highlights From the Game, Video by Andre Grice and Brian Miske
On Friday night, CSU Stanislaus hosted Cal State San Marcos’ Cougars. In that match, Cal State San Marcos cleanly swept Stan State. (18-25, 22-25, 21-25).
Stan State’s four game leaders were Ellison Weaver, Isabella Saucedo, Samaya Royal, and Makenna Carrillo, who had 29 kills, 2 aces, and 2 blocks combined.
Warriors’ Haley Burdo, Eyriana Eatmon, Gabby Rawson, and Isabella Saucedo collectively had a total of 35 assist after falling to San Marcos.
First Set
Straight out of the gate the Cougars took a quick led to start this set. The Warriors would slowly start to make a comeback with the score becoming 15-16 in favor of the Cougars.
After the timeout taken by Cal State San Marcos, the Warriors would only score three more points leaving their score at 18 for the first set. The Cougars took the first set 18-25.
Second Set
The beginning of set was a back and forth battle with the score staying tied 4-4. The Warriors came back towards the middle of set with a kill by Ellison Weaver that gave Stan State a 15-10 lead.
The end of the set became a close battle with long rallies from both sides. The set was quickly tied at 22-22, but the Warriors gave up three unanswered points. The Cougars took the second set to make it 2-0 with the score of 25-22.
Third Set 
The third set brought even more back and forth action until the end of the set. The Warriors were starting to make a comeback when a kill from Samaya Royal put Stan State up 20-19.
Stan State would score from a service ace making it 21-24. The Warriors would fall to the Cougars when they made a kill to end the set. The final score of the set was 25-21 and led to a 3-0 sweep from Cal State San Marcos.
Upcoming Volleyball Matches 
Stan State’s next home game will be on November 10th against Cal State Los Angeles.