Updated Policy Allows Fans to Return to Fitzpatrick Arena

Photo of Fitzpatrick Arena courtesy of the Stan State men’s basketball team on Instagram.

Stanislaus State athletics will be welcoming fans back to the Ed and Bertha Fitzpatrick Arena on October 9 for the first time in over a year due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Updated spectator guidelines have layed out the requirements needed to purchase tickets and enter the indoor arena.
In order for adult community members to purchase a ticket to an indoor sporting event at Stan State, proof of vaccination must be shown. Proof can be provided by either showing a vaccination card, a physical or virtual copy of a vaccination card, or by showing a digital record of vaccination. Minors must be accompanied by a vaccinated adult to attend events, as well. Attendees will also need to provide their names and phone number at the time of their ticket purchase, whether it be at the Fitzaptrick Arena box office or online. 
All individuals in attendance including Stan State students, faculty and staff must also complete their respective daily screening forms on the day of the event and show their green screen verification for entrance. The screening forms are available on the front page of the official State State website. There will be QR codes for each screening form printed and posted at the entrances of Fitzpatrick Arena.
Once inside the arena, all individuals must wear a mask or other approved facial covering. A mask dispenser along with a hand sanitizing staton will be available for attendees near the ticketing window. Fans are also asked to keep a social distancing of three feet for those from separate households. 
The seating situation may look a little different depending on the sporting event. In the fall, the only indoor sporting events at Stan State are women’s volleyball games. For these events, only the bleachers on the west end of the arena will be used so that athletes, coaches and gameday staff can have maximum distance between one another when not on the court and participating in in-game action.
There is no word yet on whether the east bleachers will be available once men’s and women’s basketball tips off in the winter.
For those who are unable to attend to indoor sporting events at Stanislaus State amid the new guidelines, all events will be continue to be livestreamed for free online via the CCAA Network until the end of 2021.
The Warrior athletics department stressed that each of the new regulations and guidelines are subject to change and encourage the campus community to follow @GoStanState on all social media platforms for the latest updates and changes to the current spectator policy.