Washing Cars and Buying Clothes: Hazel James Boutique

Clothing stores and car washes are an unusual pairing, but the two have joined forces to provide for the Turlock community. Cen Cal Detailing may look like a normal car wash, but hidden within is the Hazel James boutique and its wide variety of clothing.
“It’s always been a dream of mine to open a boutique,” says Tiffany Karam, owner of Hazel James. “I really love fashion and most of my spare time is spent trying to find deals on neat clothing, so it’s really fun to find clothing for the customer.”
Hazel James’ location is subversive of the typical boutique environment. While many boutiques offer a calm environment to browse in, the hum of the car wash echoes throughout Hazel James. The store has established a unique identity through its location and atmosphere.  
“Since my boutique is located in my husband’s car wash, I don’t need to bump up my inventory prices to pay the monthly rent,” says Karam. “I can give high quality items to my customers at a lower cost.” 
Once inside the store, you’ll hardly ever notice the car wash next door. Hazel James is located on 325 S Center Street in Turlock, and they are open Monday through Saturday.