Substitute musician superheroes on standby

Public school systems have agencies and infrastructure in place to find a substitute if an employee falls sick, takes a vacation day or is double-booked. This is not really an option for most musicians in the Central Valley, not to mention those students among us who are also secret rock stars.
Justin Jones, lead singer for the 209 All Stars, saw this discrepancy and decided to do something about it. He created a Facebook group called “209 Substitute Musicians” where local musicians can post their qualifications and look for substitutes so that the show can still go on.
Networking is crucial to the success of any young career-person, and musicians are no exception. Joining this group and providing musical skill to local bands in need could be the strongest tool in the box for young musicians here at CSU Stanislaus. Being dependable, trustworthy and the one wearing a cape when more venerated performers and promoters are up a creek is a surefire way to get noticed in any field–particularly in the music world, where talent doesn’t always go hand in hand with reliability.
To be the one in the cape and show the local music scene what you have to offer, find 209 Substitute Musicians on Facebook .