Distress Signal

%26%23160%3B

“Help me ‘Randa” is handing over the torch and will become “The Distress Signal” as of today.
We will all miss ‘Randa’s advice, but as an alternative, I’m willing to become the campus guide to relationship debacles and general jackassery.
Why me? I’ve broken nearly everything I’ve ever come into contact with. Everyone makes mistakes, but the beauty of making so many mistakes (and on such a grand scale) is that learning how to repair the things we’ve broken became more necessary than normal. Relationships included.
What? My track record of breaking things isn’t enhancing my credibility? Fine. I have a few legitimate reasons too.
I’m finishing my last semester towards a Bachelor’s in Relational Communication this spring. It has been a long road. I’ve been exhaustively reading textbooks for the better part of the last decade, searching for answers. I ended up finding a lot.
Why 10 years? Largely because I can’t keep my hands off of psychology, sociology and anthropology textbooks. The answers I’ve been looking for don’t tally out nicely to a degree in a single discipline.
But my research does fit nicely into relationships. Romantic, friends, family, classmates and colleagues – anywhere there are people, there are relationships.
Despite my best intentions, I’ve been involved in a number of different types of romantic and platonic relationships; long-term, short-term, tension-filled, unrequited, boring and “You expected me to call in the morning?” So, I have some experience to add to the research.
Want some help fixing your relationship problems? Submit your questions here: goo.gl/HGAKSL or send an email to [email protected].
All questions and identities will remain anonymous.