Warrior Cross Cultural Center Welcomes All at Grand Re-Opening Event

As you walk towards the front entrance of the Vasché Library, you may look up and notice a room with large windows proudly displaying a variety of pride and social justice flags. That space is home to the Warrior Cross Cultural Center (WCCC), formerly known as the Diversity Center, which held its grand re-opening September 29 at Stanislaus State.
Thankful faculty and students gave speeches acknowledging the hard work that went into creating the WCCC, and the space was given a blessing in the form of a traditional song from Chunya Johnson, a member and educator of the Choctaw Nation.
Afterwards, guests at the ceremony were invited inside to tour the newly re-opened room.
“Our space here is a space of belonging for students from all backgrounds,” said WCCC Director Carolina Alfaro. “We want to make sure students can see themselves here, and feel connected in some way.”
Along with being an open lounge and study space for students, the WCCC is home to LGBTQ+ resources, the Men’s Success Initiative, Undocumented Student Services, and much more.