ASI and SC Hold Successful Inventory Sale

ASI’s Victor Jimenez and Jennifer Garcia oversee the inventory sale April 25. 

The first sentence on the Associated Students Inc. (ASI) page on the Stanislaus State website states, “Associated Students, Inc. is a student-run organization that provides programs and services to enhance and support the student experience.”

On April 25 ASI and Student Center (SC) held an Inventory sale in the Stan State event center. The sale had a variety of technology, clothing, games, and other items for students to purchase. The money raised from the sale will go towards helping students in their academic and social endeavors.

The 9 a.m. event drew students who were lined up outside the event center to purchase items that would be available long before the doors opened.

SC Programs and Services coordinator for the Stockton campus, Jennifer Garcia, was one of the organizers for the event.

“We had 20 people already lined up, so once 9 a.m. came around, we let five people in at a time just to reduce the chaos,” Garcia said.

The most popular items included monitors, laptops and gaming consoles.

I think the first thing we sold was probably the Nintendo Switch and then the laptops were very popular,” Garcia added.

The organizers of this event wanted to make sure that students had access to everything before anyone else.

ASI Graphic designer Victor Jimenez said, “All receipts tend to go back to the student services.”

A portion of the money gained from this event will go back to help students.

By 10 a.m. there were not that many items left. The few items that remained included a few televisions, an Xbox series X, and many red polo shirts.
With most of the available items gone within the first hour, it’s safe to say that the ASI and SC Inventory sale was a success.