The New Voices of Stan State Baseball

Beginning  March 14 when CSU Stanislaus baseball battles CSU Monterey Bay, you will hear two new voices calling the action on the school’s very own radio station, KCSS 91.9 FM. Corey Kirk (junior, Communication Studies) and Kyle Wilcox (senior, Communication Studies)  have started an internship with KCSS and will be the voices for four of the Warrior home games. Station General Manager, Greg Jacquay, has done prior internships with students in the past so he is excited for Kirk and Wilcox.

“We’ve done basketball games and have had a guy who’s called golf before,”  Jacquay said.

Both Jacquay and KCSS Station Manager Angelina  Moles (senior, Communication Studies) are very confident in what Kirk and Wilcox will bring calling the action live for baseball.

“To have the games live stream through our radio station is awesome,” Moles said.  “They’re utilizing the tools we have here on campus.”

Both Kirk and Wilcox are looking forward to calling the action and helping promote the KCSS brand.

“An opportunity like this isn’t something that is handed to a lot of people,” Kirk said. “I knew the experience we were going to get through this is almost invaluable.”

“I agree,” Wilcox said. “This is  something I’ve been dreaming of doing my whole life.”

The first of four games that Kirk and Wilcox will be covering is March 14 at 1 p.m.

You can listen to the games at either 91.9 FM in the Turlock area or online at KCSS.net.  Kirk and Wilcox will also be talking Warrior and professional baseball on their podcast “Warrior Talk,” as well as interview the players from the team. That will also be available along with all the music KCSS plays at KCSS.net.